Obtain specialized qualifications at a top Vancouver college and then further your skills with professional work experience in Canada in the Hospitality Industry. The College & Internship program is divided equally into two components – 50% study and 50% co-op work experience in Hospitality.
If you’re looking to gain valuable international work experience while you’re studying in Canada, our co-op program might be right for you! Disciplines include Hospitality Management and Business Management (2 years only), for shorter Business or Hospitality related programs, check our Business Essentials Program.
The program is designed to suit your varied needs and the growing demands of new and emerging business sectors. Programs are very versatile as they are open to all countries and start dates are staggered throughout the year. You will get to add North American qualifications to your resume and at the same time obtain hands on professional experience in Canada during the coop internship part of the program.
You can also work part-time during the study part of your program which will enable you to earn money to support your studies. Having a higher level qualification from a recognized Canadian college along with a related work experience in Canada will allow you to gain an insight into North American business culture and better develop your future career.
Do you want to have a study and work experience in Canada? Set yourself apart from your peers by participating in our College & Internship program and gain not only valuable, professional experience in a vibrant Canadian city, but also build your international network, improve your English, and kick-start your career!
To read testimonials from some of our participants, who have successfully completed one of our Education Programs in Canada, Contact for more info!
Higher level education at a Canadian college followed by a professional internship in Canada
- Higher level education at a Vancouver college
- Guaranteed work experience
- Option to work part-time during study period
- Pre-departure information and advise
- Welcome orientation
- Assistance w/ social insurance, bank account etc.
- Canadian-style resume revision
- Interview preparation workshop
- Access to our social events, activities, tours
- Ongoing support for the duration of the program
Not Included:Airfare, Medical Insurance, Visa and/or Work Permits Application Fee, Local Transportation, Food, Accommodation, Textbooks (optional), AH&LA Exam fees (mandatory only for Hospitality Programs)
College & Internship Diploma in Hospitality Management (6+6)
With the Diploma program option you will get the opportunity to obtain outstanding qualifications at a top Vancouver college and then put your skills to practical use in a related co-op internship. The program will all give you an insight into some of the most thriving global industries.
College & Internship Honours Diploma in Hospitality or Business Management (12+12)
This diploma is designed to offer the widest range of possible career choices and opportunities in a variety of business disciplines. Students have the opportunity to specialize in Marketing, Hospitality Management or Business Management.
Upon completing any of our Hospitality Management Co-op Diplomas, students obtain certificates and diplomas by AH&LA, the global leader in hospitality training and hotel management certification.
Your study permit will allow you to work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions, and full time during scheduled breaks (for example, winter and summer holidays or spring break) during your whole stay in Canada!
6 weeks prior to the start of your coop internship or work experience, one of our coordinators will ask you to come to our Vistara Consultant office to begin the job placement process in Canada.
Our coordinator will revise your resume to North American standards, prepare you for the internship interview with one on one meeting(s), schedule the internship interview(s), confirm your internship or work experience placement and monitor you until the end of your program. We ensure that you will get the most out of your internship to allow you to put your studies to practical use with a top Canadian company.
Having a work experience in Canada and an advanced English level on your resume will make you stand out from your peers when you return home to continue your studies or progress in your professional career.
- Intermediate English Level: TOEFL 510, IELTS 5.0 or equivalent*
- Be eligible to obtain a Canadian Study and Co-op work permit
- Copy of highest diploma/degree along with transcript
- Note: Applicants must complete a free language assessment test if they cannot provide proof of English level as described above. The language assessment might include a skype interview and a written component. Applicants must obtain a minimum of 64% to be eligible for this program.
- Higher level education at a top college
- Open year round
- Guaranteed work experience
- Work part-time during the whole program
Why is this program awesome?
- Obtain higher level education
- Gain an insight into Canadian business cultures
- Programs of different lengths to suit your needs
- Enhance your professional career
- Become more specialized in your industry
- Increase your professional network
- Study a varied selection of high demand subjects
- Work part-time during your studies to earn money
- Get a professional edge over your peers
- Obtain training in all aspects of the industry
This option is available to candidates participating in our Education, Internship and Working Holiday programs in Canada. You may add up to 6 months of in-class English Study to reach the minimum level required or simply perfect your English level…
$2/day: Because your health and safety is important, we teamed up with an award winning insurance provider; Student Guard to offer you a tailored medical coverage which protects you up to $2,000,000…
$550 to $800: The most cost-effective way to live in Vancouver. Rent a private room with kitchen access for $550/month. Add 3 meals/day service for $780/month…